3 Pain-Relieving Yoga Poses For Distance Runners:
1) Virabhadrasana I (Warrior Pose) – This pose is one of the most popular postures among distance runners.
It is very good for those who are suffering from back pain or lower back problems. It helps to reduce stress and tension in your body which can cause injury. You will feel relaxed and free after performing this pose.
2) Sarvangasana (Cobra Pose) – This pose is also known as Cobra Pose.
It is great for relieving lower back pain. You can perform this pose while sitting down or standing up. You may even use it during your run if you have low back trouble.
3) Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Moon Pose) – This pose is great for reducing lower back pain.
You can do this pose lying down or standing up. It helps to relieve lower back pain and improve flexibility in your spine. You will feel relaxed and free after doing this pose.
4) Sukhasana (Lotus Pose) – This posture is excellent for relieving upper body pains such as headaches, neck aches, shoulder pain etc.
It helps to improve your posture and is also helpful in reducing stress.
5) Viparita Karani (Legs up the wall pose) – This pose is great for relieving tension in your lower back and belly.
It also helps you to relax after a long and stressful run. You can do this pose either standing up or lying down.
6) Virasana (Hero’s Pose) – This posture is very effective in relieving lower back pain.
Sources & references used in this article:
Effects of core stability exercise combined with virtual reality in collegiate athletes with nonspecific low back pain: a randomized clinical trial by OR Abdelraouf, AA Abdel-aziem… – Bulletin of Faculty of …, 2020 – bfpt.springeropen.com
Not fat, not skinny, functional enough to finish: Interrogating constructions of health in the Ironman Triathlon by W Bridel – Leisure/Loisir, 2013 – Taylor & Francis
Exercise and movement in musculoskeletal pain: a double-edged problem by R Casale, PL Chimento, M Bartolo… – Current opinion in …, 2018 – journals.lww.com