3 Protein-Packed Recipes for Pumpkin Lovers: Low Carb, Gluten Free & Macro Friendly
Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe – A delicious low carb pumpkin pie recipe made with almond flour, coconut flour and oat fiber. You will get a great taste from these low carb pumpkin pies!
These are perfect for fall!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Bites Recipe – A healthy gluten free pumpkin pie bites recipe made with oats, butter and cinnamon. They are great for those who have celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
Macro Friendly Pumpkin Pie Cookies Recipe – A simple and easy recipe for pumpkin pie cookies with no added sugar, flour or oil. Perfectly suitable for diabetics and people following a paleo diet.
How To Make Low Carb Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe – A very tasty pancake recipe made with ground flax seed, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. It’s good for breakfast too!
4 Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipes – A delicious coffee drink made with iced milk, pumpkin spice syrup and whipped cream. It’s a great way to start your day!
Low Carb Protein Shake Recipes – A delicious shake made with frozen berries, unsweetened almond milk and whey protein. It’s a healthy drink to keep you full!
3.9 from 25 votes Print Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 2 hrs 5 mins Total Time 2 hrs 20 mins This delicious low-carb pumpkin pie with oat fiber is a real fall treat.
Enjoy this gluten-free and macro friendly dessert! Course: Dessert Cuisine: American Keyword: Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie Servings : 16 servings Calories : 112 kcal Ingredients 1 cup Oat Fiber (see note)
4 Large Eggs
2 cups Coconut Cream (see note)
1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2-3 tbsp Erythritol (or other sweetener) (see note)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1/4 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
Pinch of Salt US Customary – Metric Instructions Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the oat fiber and eggs. Add the coconut cream, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, erythritol (or other sweetener), cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, nutmeg and salt. Stir until smooth. Transfer into prepared pie pan. Place pie pan onto a baking tray and transfer to the oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is just set. Let cool before slicing and serving. Recipe Notes Oat Fiber: If you have a strong blender such as a Vita-Mix or high-speed blender such as a Blendtec, you can simply blend up oats until they become a fine powder. This will give your pie a more “oatmeal” flavor, which works well in cooking. If you don’t have a high-power blender, you can use rolled oats (not instant or quick cooking). Just pulsing them a few time in a food processor should do the trick.
Coconut Cream: You can find coconut cream in the Asian section of your local grocery store. You can use the cream that floats to the top of a can of coconut milk.
If you’re in Australia, you can use this product. You won’t need the whole can, so spoon out just the cream from one of the cans.
Vanilla Extract: I use this brand of vanilla extract.
Erythritol: Erythritol is a sugar alcohol and can cause gastrointestinal distress in some people when eaten in large amounts. Start with 2 tbsp and see how your body reacts before adding more.
Nutrition Facts Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie Amount Per Serving (1 slice (1/16 pie)) Calories 112 Calories from Fat 54 % Daily Value* Total Fat 6g 9% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 76mg 25% Sodium 8mg 0% Potassium 51mg 1% Total Carbohydrates 10g 3% Dietary Fiber 1g 4% Sugars 2g Protein 3g 6% Vitamin A 48% Vitamin C 2.3% Calcium 2.2% Iron 2.6% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
Sources & references used in this article:
AARP The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages by L Cordain – 2012 – books.google.com
The Green Aisle’s Healthy Smoothies & Slushies: More Than Seventy-Five Healthy Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Get Fit by M Savage – 2016 – books.google.com
Best Lunch Box Ever: Ideas and Recipes for School Lunches Kids Will Love by A Porter – 2020 – Adventure Publications
The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages by KS Morford – 2013 – books.google.com
Straight from the Earth: Irresistible Vegan Recipes for Everyone by N Stephenson, L Cordain – 2010 – books.google.com
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Acid Reflux Diet: Advice, Information, and Recipes You Need for a Reflux-Free Life by M Goodman, M Goodman – 2014 – books.google.com
The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out by MA Bella – 2012 – books.google.com
Whole Body Reboot: The Peruvian Superfoods Diet to Detoxify, Energize, and Supercharge Fat Loss by A Liddon – 2014 – books.google.com