Testosterone Levels After Workout
The following are some facts about testosterone levels after workout.
1) Testosterone increases up to 5 times with aerobic exercise.
2) The amount of testosterone increases up to 10 times with strength training.
3) Strength Training Increases Testosterone Up To 20 Times!
4) There is no need to worry about your testosterone level if you do not perform any strenuous physical activity.
You will have normal or low testosterone levels after workout. If you want to improve your testosterone level, then you must do aerobic exercise like running, cycling, swimming and weight lifting.
5) Your body needs oxygen to produce energy from carbohydrates and fats which are converted into glucose and stored in muscles as glycogen.
When you run, cycle or swim, you burn fat instead of carbs and oxygen. This results in higher levels of free fatty acids (FFA).
These FFA are oxidized to form testosterone in your blood stream.
6) The more you exercise, the greater the effect of aerobic exercise on increasing testosterone levels.
7) A good way to lose weight is by doing aerobics regularly.
Aerobic exercise helps in burning calories and improving your health condition.
8) Aerobic exercises can help you lose weight.
By losing weight, you can improve your testosterone level naturally even without doing any additional testosterone boosting exercises.
If you are keen on increasing your testosterone levels, then you can go for strength training.
Testosterone Levels After Workout While Doing Exercise To Increase Testosterone
Strength training increases the level of free testosterone in your blood stream by over 50% within a few days only.
1) Strength training exercises can increase testosterone level by more than 50% within a few days only.
Maximum change in the testosterone level occurs within 2 days.
2) Doing strength training for 3 sets of 10 repetitions thrice a week is enough to increase the testosterone level significantly.
3) It is always better to work out with heavy weights as this can increase your testosterone level further.
4) If you do strength training before doing aerobic exercise, then it would not help in increasing the testosterone level.
You will get more testosterone only if you do aerobic exercise after strength training.
5) Doing aerobics increases the effect of strength training on your testorone level.
6) After working out, it takes almost 12 hours to see any significant changes in your testosterone level.
7) It is better to strength train at least 3 hours before doing any kind of aerobic exercise.
8) The effect of testosterone increasing exercise increases over a period of time.
You will have higher increase in the testosterone level if you do not change your training schedule for at least three months. This means, if you want to maximize the testosterone increasing effect of exercise, do not change your training schedule for at least three months.
9) You will see a significant increase in the level of luteinizing hormone (LH) in your blood.
This is very essential for increasing the testosterone level after a workout.
10) The luteinizing hormone (LH) is responsible for producing testosterone from various places in the body.
Testosterone After Workout While Doing Exercise To Increase Testosterone
The higher the luteinizing hormone (LH) level in your blood, the more will be the testosterone level in your body.
1) Very high luteinizing hormone (LH) can result in over production of testosterone in your body.
2) It is always better if you have a diet rich in carbohydrates before doing any kind of exercise to increase the testosterone level.
3) A high fat diet can be counter productive for increasing testosterone level.
4) Always have some kind of carbohydrate supplement along with a protein rich diet, at least two hours before doing your exercise.
This will help you to get maximum increase in the testosterone level.
5) Doing too much of exercise can have a negative effect on your testosterone level.
This is because, exercising for more than 4 hours per day for 4 to 5 days in a week, can lead to over production of cortisol hormone in your body. Excessive cortisol in the body can lead to a sharp decline in your testosterone level.
6) Not getting proper rest can have a similar effect on your testosterone level.
7) Taking 5 grammes of creatine monohydrate twice a day for a period of five days before and after your exercise can increase the testosterone level to a great extent.
8) Taking 10 gm of zinc twice a day for 4 to 5 days before and after your exercise routine can also increase the testosterone level.
9) If you are taking 25 mgs of dhea per day, then you don’t need to take any additional supplements for increasing the testosterone level.
10) Always start with light weights and do more repetitions rather than using heavy weights and doing less repetitions.
11) Always work the large muscle groups like chest, back, legs and arms first.
12) Rest at least one day before starting the next exercise routine.
13) It is better to do aerobic exercise in the morning or at least five hours after your weight training.
14) You can also do both the exercises alternately for maximum results. Do weight training one day and aerobics another day.
You can continue this routine for at least three months for best results.
15) While doing aerobics, choose an exercise you enjoy most. If you enjoy the exercise you will look forward to doing it regularly.
16) While doing weight training, keep your mind focused only on the exercise at hand. Keep all your worries and stress aside while you are working out.
17) It is better not to drink alcohol in excess if you want to increase your testosterone level naturally.
19) Try to get a good night’s sleep of 6 to 8 hours in a completely dark room. This is very essential for your hormonal balance.
20) Meditate for at least 10 to 15 minutes daily to keep your mind and body stress free.
If you follow these tips you will definitely experience an increase in your testosterone level naturally.
Sources & references used in this article:
Aerobic exercise is promoted when individual performance affects the group: a test of the Kohler motivation gain effect by BC Irwin, J Scorniaenchi, NL Kerr… – Annals of Behavioral …, 2012 – academic.oup.com
Neuromodulation of aerobic exercise—a review by S Heijnen, B Hommel, A Kibele, LS Colzato – Frontiers in psychology, 2016 – frontiersin.org
The effects of selected aerobic exercise modalities on self esteem among female students by N Salamuddin, MT Harun, SAA Al-Rashed – Asian Social Science, 2014 – researchgate.net
Does Aerobic Exercise Affect Testosterone? by HI Works – testofuel.com
Movement in the classroom: Boosting brain power, fighting obesity by E Reilly, C Buskist, MK Gross – Kappa Delta Pi Record, 2012 – Taylor & Francis
Nutritional supplementation boosts aerobic exercise effects on functional brain systems by MW Voss, M Sutterer, TB Weng… – Journal of Applied …, 2019 – journals.physiology.org
Simulated Partners and Collaborative Exercise (SPACE) to boost motivation for astronauts: study protocol by DL Feltz, L Ploutz-Snyder, B Winn, NL Kerr, JM Pivarnik… – BMC psychology, 2016 – Springer
Entorhinal volume, aerobic fitness, and recognition memory in healthy young adults: A voxel-based morphometry study by AS Whiteman, DE Young, AE Budson, CE Stern… – Neuroimage, 2016 – Elsevier
Anemia and blood boosting by R Eichner – Sports Science Exchange, 2001 – secure.footprint.net