What is your favorite swimmer gift idea? What are some of the most interesting or unusual swimmer gift ideas?
Please share with us in comments!
Swim Gear Bag – Secret Swimmer Gift Ideas for Swimmers
1. A Swimsuit Case: I have never seen one before, but it looks like they come in different sizes and colors.
You could buy them online from Amazon or eBay. They usually cost around $20-$30.
2. A Swim Suit Bag: These are not really swim suit bags, but rather swim clothing cases.
They look very similar to the ones above, except these ones are made out of plastic instead of leather (which is kind of gross). But again, they’re pretty cheap ($10) and easy to find at any department store.
3. A Swim Suit Bag: These are basically swim suit cases with pockets inside.
They’re also called “swimwear bags” or “swimsuits bags.” You can get them at most department stores, and they’re usually about $5 each.
4. A Swimsuit Bag: These are actually swim suits cases with a zipper closure.
They look like the ones above, but they have zippers instead of snaps (which make them easier to open). These look much nicer, and they usually cost about $15.
5. A Swim Bag: These are similar to a regular duffel bag, but they have a mesh net that goes all the way around (so you can easily see what’s inside).
They usually have a shoulder strap, and sometimes a garment hanger on the inside of the open. You can usually find these at Target for about $20.
6. A Swimsuit Bag: These are basically duffel bags with a garment hanger on the inside.
They usually have a shoulder strap, and sometimes a mesh net on the inside of the open (so you can easily see what’s inside). You can usually find these at Target for about $30.
7. A Mesh Duffle Bag: This one is kind of hard to describe.
It’s a duffel bag, but it’s made out of mesh instead of cloth. The material is very strong, so it’s actually more durable than a regular duffel bag. They usually come in different colors, and they cost about $30.
8. A Mesh Duffle Bag: This is literally the same thing as the bag above, except this one has an added garment hanger on the inside.
They come in different colors, and they cost about $40.
9. A Mesh Duffle Bag: This is literally the same thing as the bag above, except this one has an added garment hanger on the inside, and it has a shoulder strap (in addition to the handles).
They come in different colors, and they cost about $50.
10. A Padded Hanger: This is a simple garment hanger, except the hooks are padded (for hanging wet swim suits). You can get these for about $4 online.
Swim Bag –What to Avoid
I would stay away from anything too cute, anything that looks cheap (even if it’s not), and anything with a brand you’ve never heard of. Also, I would stay away from anything that costs more than $40, because they tend to be made out of “real” leather (which is expensive).
Some of these come with a shoulder strap, but you can just take that off if you want to save a few cents. The most important thing is that the bag is pretty big, so you can fit your swim suit, goggles, cap, and anything else you need inside (like a towel).
If your swimmer is old enough, they might be able to buy one of the bags above themselves. But if not, these are great Christmas or birthday gifts.
Sources & references used in this article:
… in loggerhead sea turtles: an assessment of the feasibility of using chemical deterrents to prevent sea turtle interactions with longline fishing gear by AL Southwood, BM Higgins, Y Swimmer, RW Brill – 2007 – repository.library.noaa.gov
News of the Swimmer Reaches Shore: A Guide to French Usage by G O’Brien – 2007 – books.google.com
Combat Swimmer: Memoirs of a Navy SEAL by RA Gormly – 2010 – books.google.com
An Open Swimmer by L Cox – 2013 – Vintage
BLUE SWIMMER CRAB by T Winton – 2011 – books.google.com
Down and back again: A swimmer’s body moves through feminism, young adult sport literature and film by N Bay – 2011 – fish.wa.gov.au