Ripping a Deck of Cards in Two
The following are some facts about tearing a deck of cards in two:
1. You must have a strong grip and strength to tear the deck of cards in two.
2. You need to do it with your whole body, not just your hands or arms.
3. You cannot use any other objects such as knives, scissors, etc.
, because they will damage the cards too much when torn apart into pieces.
4. You can’t rip the deck of cards in half if you’re holding a full deck.
If you try to do so, the cards will fall out from your grasp and you’ll lose control over them.
5. Ripping a deck of cards in two requires concentration and focus, but once done, it’s easy to repeat again and again until you’ve ripped all the way through the deck of cards in two!
6. There are many different ways to rip a deck of cards in two.
Some people prefer to use their fingernails, while others like using a knife. Others like to hold the deck in one hand and rip it in the opposite direction, then fold up the folded-up part of the deck and put it back together again before putting it away.
7. In theory, you can rip a deck of cards in two with your bare hands.
In reality, however, this isn’t possible. The number of decks of cards that have been ripped in half with bare hands is zero.
Ripping a deck of cards in two requires preparation, skill and most importantly practice.
8. There are many different techniques that you can use to rip the deck of cards in two, but most people prefer to use an overhand technique.
You can use your other hand as support, and if you apply extra pressure you can tear through the deck of cards in two.
9. If you run with a deck of cards in your hand, it’s very easy to rip them in half.
This is because of all the momentum that you gain when running at a fairly fast pace.
10. Tearing a deck of cards in two is much easier if you rip it at an angle.
If you apply a force that is at a forty-five degree angle to the direction that the deck is oriented, then you should be able to rip a deck of cards in two fairly easily.
11. Some people prefer to use their non-dominant hand to tear a deck of cards in two, while others prefer to use their dominant hand.
Some even prefer to use their feet.
12. By ripping a deck of cards in two, you improve your hand eye coordination, and it is believed that this also improves your reflexes.
The better your hand eye coordination, the better your reflexes will be.
These are some facts about tearing a deck of cards in two that you should take into consideration before trying to rip a deck of cards in two.
How to Rip a Deck of Cards in Two
To rip a deck of cards in two, follow these steps:
1. Get yourself a brand new deck of cards.
The latest you should get is from 2002, because decks from 2003 and beyond have material that can easily rip when you put more force into it.
2. Sit down and place the deck of cards on a hard surface, such as a table.
3. Grip the deck of cards with your dominant hand, making sure to keep your fingers off the face of the cards and keeping your thumb firmly on the back.
4. Place your other hand on top of the deck.
You should grip it so that the tips of your middle three fingers are over the middle of the deck. Keep your index finger and your ring finger off to the side.
5. Look at the two hands gripping the deck of cards.
Your bottom three fingers should be on one side of the deck, and your top three fingers should be on the other side of the deck.
6. Press down on the top half of the deck with your top three fingers.
As you do this, pull up with your bottom three fingers. Continue doing this until you have a firm grip over the middle of the deck.
7. Place your bottom three fingers on one side of the deck, and place your index finger and ring finger directly underneath the opposite end of the top half of the deck.
8. Place your thumbs on either side of the deck.
9. Carefully bend the deck in half at a very slight angle using just your thumbs and forefingers.
If you do this correctly then four cards from each end of the deck should pop up a little bit off the top.
10. With the bottom half of the deck still in your left hand, take your right hand and place it over the top half of the deck such that your thumb and forefinger are gripping the far right side of the deck.
11. Keeping a grip with your right hand, release the left hand making sure to keep a hold of all the cards.
12. With your right hand, grip more of the top half of the deck.
13. Still keeping a firm grip with your right hand, release your left hand.
14. With your right hand grip more of the top half of the deck.
15. Continue this process until you have a grip that spans all the way across the top half of the deck.
16. With your left hand, grab the bottom half of the deck from your right side.
17. Quickly rip the deck in half down the middle.
If done correctly, you should now have one half of a deck in your left hand and the other in your right hand.
Congratulations, you have just ripped a deck of cards in two!
Practice Makes Perfect
The first time you attempt to rip a deck of cards in two, you might not be successful.
Sources & references used in this article:
The mythic tarot by DP Willoughby – 1970 – AS Barnes, Incorporated
Technology of imagination: a card-based public engagement method for debating emerging technologies by E Sandow – 1897 – Gale & Polden
Rip it up and start again: Postpunk 1978-1984 by WEB Du Bois – 1989 – na
Self-working Mental Magic: 67 Foolproof Mind-reading Tricks by J Sharman-Burke, L Greene – 2001 – books.google.com
Picture Yourself as a Magician: Step-by-Step Instruction for the Street, Stage, Parties, Card Table and More by U Felt, S Schumann, CG Schwarz… – Qualitative …, 2014 – journals.sagepub.com