The Best Exercise Programs For Men:
1) Bodyweight Exercises – These are exercises performed without any equipment or assistance from anyone else.
They are simple yet effective ways to build muscle mass and strength. There is no need to purchase expensive exercise machines or expensive weights. You can perform these exercises at home with your own body weight, however if you have limited physical abilities then it would be better if you had some assistance in order to do them properly.
2) Weight Training – Weight training is a type of exercise where you use resistance bands, dumbbells, barbells or other types of heavy objects to work out muscles.
It helps in building muscle mass and strength. If you want to get bigger and stronger then weight training is the way to go. However, if you don’t have much time or just want to tone up your muscles then these exercises will not do the job for you.
3) Cardio Exercises – Aerobics is a form of exercise which involves moving at a fast speed while breathing heavily.
These exercises are good for improving flexibility and endurance. They improve balance and coordination. They also help in losing fat around the body.
4) Strength Training – Strength training is another type of exercise which involves using weights to increase your strength levels and develop power in your muscles.
It improves muscle size, strength, stamina, agility and overall health.
5) Sports – Sports are a form of exercise which involves physical activity which is done in a group.
This activity could be recreational or competitive in nature. This involves running, jumping, throwing and much more.
6) Dance – Dance is another form of physical activity which is rhythmic and requires movement to music.
It also strengthens your body, improves balance and coordination and helps you lose weight if combined with aerobics.
7) Martial Arts – Martial arts are a type of activity which involves self defense techniques.
You will learn how to defend yourself from physical attacks, as well as gain knowledge on how to control your vital life force. It also strengthens the body and improves balance.
8) Swimming – Swimming is a great way to keep in shape and stay healthy.
It strengthens all the major muscle groups in your body as well as improve your lung capacity and keeps your heart healthy.
9) Team Sports – Team sports are activities which involve people working together in order to achieve a common goal or objective.
These activities can be both competitive and recreational in nature. Some of the more popular team sports that you can play include football, rugby, soccer and basketball.
10) Walking – Walking is one of the best ways to improve your overall health and get in shape without putting too much stress on your body. It involves taking a stroll at a relaxed pace for an extended distance. If you don’t have much time then this is a good way to keep fit.
There are many other types of exercises which you can incorporate into your fitness routine. You can look up new ways of keeping in shape by doing a simple online search or read about them in books at your local library. The key is to get excited about fitness and have fun doing it. This will ensure that you stick with it in the long run and get the most out of your body. For more ideas on how to get fit and keep in shape, read the next post.
Sources & references used in this article:
ACSM fitness book by American College of Sports Medicine – 2003 – books.google.com
Assessment for the US army comprehensive soldier fitness program: The global assessment tool. by C Peterson, N Park, CA Castro – American Psychologist, 2011 – psycnet.apa.org
An amygdala-cingulate network underpins changes in effort-based decision making after a fitness program by J Bernacer, I Martinez-Valbuena, M Martinez, N Pujol… – NeuroImage, 2019 – Elsevier
Designing a university-wide fitness program to promote campus health and department image by PB Lester, PD Harms, MN Herian, DV Krasikova… – 2011 – TKC GLOBAL SOLUTIONS LLC …
Individualized fitness program: using perceived exertion for the prescription of healthy adults by J Vansickle, H Hancher-Rauch… – Journal of …, 2010 – shapeamerica.tandfonline.com
Choosing the Right Fitness Facility for your 2014 Fitness Resolution by C Zamor – 2009 – Workman Publishing