Instant Pot Stuffed Yellow Squash Recipe
The following is a detailed recipe of the Instant Pot Stuffed Yellow Squash. It includes all the steps required to make it. You will need some ingredients like milk powder, sugar, salt, eggs, oil and water. If you are not familiar with how to prepare these things then please read this post first before proceeding further: How To Make Milk Powder And Sugar For Instant Pot Pressure Cooker .
1 lb yellow squashes (about 4 medium sized) – peeled and cut into cubes
2 cups milk powder (or any other non-dairy milk substitute) or plain nondairy milk (I used almond)
4 tbsp butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
Salt to taste
Eggs for egg wash – optional. Instructions:
1. Preheat your pressure cooker according to the manual on the Instant Pot website.
2. Add the cubed yellow squash to the pressure cooker and add enough water so that it covers the whole squash completely.
3. Close and lock the lid of your Instant Pot and set it to high pressure.
Press “manual” button to do this.
4. When the time is up, turn off your Instant Pot and let it cool down for at least 15 minutes before opening it up again.
5. Carefully transfer the hot mixture to a stand mixer and blend it using a paddle attachment until it is smooth.
It should take about 5 minutes. If you don’t have a stand mixer you can use a blender or even a food processor, but that will take longer to achieve the same result.
6. Once it’s smooth, mix in the rest of the ingredients one by one and continue mixing until everything is well combined.
7. When everything is mixed well, turn the Instant pot to “browning” mode and add some oil.
Once the oil is hot enough, carefully pour the mixture into the Instant pot and spread it evenly using a wooden spoon.
8. Place the cover back on.
Turn the Instant pot to “pressure cook” setting and press down the button until you reach to “low” pressure setting. Press the “manual” button and adjust the down arrow to 30 minutes.
9. When the time is up, turn off your instant pot and let it cool down for at least 15 minutes before opening it up.
10. After 15 minutes open the lid and your Instant pot Stuffed yellow Squash will be good to serve. If you want a softer texture, you can keep it in your oven’s turntable at 200 °F for up to 15 minutes. You can also keep it in your cooker without the lid on, but only after an hour has passed.
Looking for more sweet treats?
Try one of these:
Sources & references used in this article:
Substituting Ingredients: The A to Z Kitchen Reference by WG Beers – 1883 – W. Drysdale: JT Robinson
THE MAN WHO OFFERED PUMPKIN by J Larkin – 2012 – Hachette UK
Mayoral debate and political carnival planned for today by BS Epstein – 2010 – books.google.com