Cell Phones For Kids: What Are They Good For?
There are many reasons why parents want their children to have a cell phone. Some of them include:
• To keep in touch with friends and family; • To stay connected with the world around them; • To communicate with teachers, doctors or other adults they trust; • And most importantly, to play games!
The purpose of this post is not to tell you what kind of games your kid should play, but rather how do they work. So let’s get started…
What Is A Cricket Phone?
A Cricket phone is a type of cellphone that uses a small antennae (which are usually made out of metal) to send and receive signals from the cellular network. These antennas are placed near the ground, which allows them to pick up signals from nearby towers. The signal strength depends on several factors such as distance, terrain and weather conditions.
Cricket phones are used primarily for two purposes:
1) Emergency calls – When there is no service at home or when a phone line goes down, these devices allow users to make voice calls over the cellular network without having to pay for long-distance calling rates.
2) Saving money – Most people use cellphones not just for making calls or sending text messages, but also for playing games.
These games are often quite popular among kids and teenagers, and consume a significant amount of their free time. For those who are concerned about their phone bills, cell phones can actually become quite expensive to use.
The costliest aspect of any cellphone plan is its per-minute rate, which can be very high for long conversations. So it’s important to stay connected without breaking the bank.
Traditionally, there are two main ways to do so:
1) Using a cellphone with free long-distance rates.
This requires that the device be “hard-wired” into a home telephone line, which has its own advantages and disadvantages.
2) Using a phone card or airtime minutes to lower the per-minute cost of using your cell phone.
This requires that you purchase prepaid credit, which can be quite pricy.
What Is A Cricket Device?
A cricket device is a little metal box that attaches to a home phone line, and then transmits its signal through the air via a small antenna. This allows users to send and receive calls from their cellphones without incurring long-distance charges. In addition, these devices do not require the owner to purchase prepaid minutes or airtime. Instead, all calls are charged directly to the home phone line.
How Do They Work?
The main advantage of using a cricket device is its simplicity. All one needs to do in order to make or receive a call is to pick up any old home phone that’s wired into the same line as the device. This means that one doesn’t have to carry their cell phone around with them in order to answer it. In addition, one doesn’t have to worry about running out of battery power when making a lengthy phone call.
There are two kinds of these devices:
1) The kind that has a small antenna attached to the top, which is designed to be placed next to any phone that’s plugged into the wall.
2) The kind that has a large antenna that’s designed to be placed on the roof.
This one will also require a power source, such as a battery or AC adapter.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Using A Cricket Device?
Despite the simplicity of this device, it does have its share of disadvantages. For one thing, there is usually a monthly fee that must be paid in order to use it. This fee is meant to cover the cost of maintaining and updating the network. There may also be an installation fee, as well as a deposit on the device itself. The good news is that this deposit can be refunded once the device is returned.
In addition, in order for this device to work properly, the owner’s home needs to be wired for telephone service. This means that if you haven’t had your house wired recently, you may have to pay a professional telephone installer in order to outfit it with the proper wiring.
Not only can this cost money, but it can also take several hours of time.
How Can I Save Money?