Phosphatidic Acid Increases Strength and Lean Body Mass: What Is It?
Phosphatidic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in all living organisms. It is essential for normal growth and development of cells. When consumed, it promotes healthy cell division, increases energy levels, improves mood, reduces fatigue and aids in weight loss. Phosphatidic acid supplementation has been shown to increase strength, lean body mass (LBM) and endurance.
Phosphatidic acid supplements are available in various forms such as tablets, capsules, gels and powders. They have different effects depending on their form. Some types of phosphatidic acid supplements include creatine monohydrate, glutamine hydrochloride, choline chloride and L-arginine.
Creatine Monohydrate Creatine is a naturally occurring compound found in muscle tissue. It helps to improve performance, recovery from exercise and reduce fatigue. It also increases the amount of ATP produced during physical activity.
Glutamine Hydrochloride Glutamine is a nitrogenous amino acid that is used for protein synthesis. Its main function is to provide energy for the muscles. Choline Choline serves several functions including maintaining nerve conduction and neurotransmission, preventing brain damage caused by free radicals and improving memory. L-Arginine L-arginine is an essential amino acid that helps the body produce nitric oxide. It boosts the immune system and helps to improve athletic performance.
People who use phosphatidic acid supplements typically consume about 1 gram per day. This dosage can be taken all at once or split throughout the day (250mg – 500mg per serving). Most studies have used 3000mg of phosphatidic acid per day for a minimum of four weeks.
Uses And Benefits Of The Key Ingredients Found In Muscle Tech Phosphatidic Acid
* May increase muscle strength and endurance during high-intensity exercise.
* May help improve performance in activities that require sprinting.
* May reduce the amount of tiredness felt during exercise.
* Glutamine helps the body to fight infection by increasing the number of white blood cells.
* May help to increase growth hormone production (somewhat controversially).
* May reduce muscle soreness following strenuous exercise by increasing the synthesis of the proteins needed to repair damaged muscle tissue.
* Choline is a precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is vital in muscle control and memory.
* Choline also helps to protect the liver from toxins and prevents fat build-up in the liver.
* Arginine increases the production of nitric oxide, which boosts blood flow to muscles and organs.
* Arginine also helps wounds to heal faster and improves male fertility.
Clinical Studies On Muscle Tech’s Phosphatidic Acid
There are no clinical studies available on the use of Muscle Tech’s phosphatidic acid supplement. However, there are several studies on the effectiveness of its individual ingredients, which include: creatine monohydrate, glutamine, choline and arginine.
* Most clinical studies of creatine monohydrate have been on its effects on sports performance.
* Research suggests that creatine supplements increase intramuscular stores of phosphocreatine and may slightly increase the body’s production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
* Some studies have found that creatine can increase the body’s volume of water within the first few days of supplementation. This is probably due to an increase in the body’s hydration status and the retention of water within muscle cells.
* Other research has suggested that there is no such increase in hydration following supplementation (perhaps this effect occurs only in certain people).
* Given the results of these studies, it seems that creatine supplementation could possibly cause an increase in body mass due to an increase in total body water.
* Glutamine is a non-essential amino acid which is primarily synthesized by the liver.
* It has been suggested that glutamine is conditionally essential, meaning that it can be essential to certain people depending on their circumstances.
* Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in the bloodstream and it plays a role in immune function, gut health and the synthesis of protein.
* Glutamine has been studied for its effects on the immune system and muscle growth.
* Studies have found that glutamine can decrease muscle damage caused by exercise.
* In addition, glutamine can increase growth hormone secretion. However, studies on this property have led to inconsistent results.
* Glutamine has been studied in the treatment of a number of medical conditions such as critical illness, ulcerative colitis and Parkinson’s disease, among others.
* Choline is an essential nutrient, meaning that you need to get it from your diet as your body doesn’t produce it.
* It is a water-soluble nutrient which functions as a precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
* Choline also functions as a precursor to the cell membrane phospholipids which keep the integrity of cell membranes.
* Choline is found in foods such as liver, kidney, wheat germ and egg yolk.
* Arginine is an essential amino acid which you need to get from your diet as your body cannot produce it.
* It is a precursor to nitric oxide and also plays a role in the urea cycle.
* Arginine is involved in cell signaling, the immune system and wound healing.
* There are no reported safety issues associated with use of the ingredients found in Muscle Tech’s Platinum Hydrobuilder.
* Individuals who are allergic to milk should avoid this product as it contains whey protein which is derived from milk.
* Those who are sensitive to caffeine should also avoid this supplement as it contains green tea and caffeine anhydrous.
* If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before using this product.
* Some of the most commonly reported side effects associated with use of this product include stomach aches, nausea, headache, vomiting and diarrhea.
* It should be noted that many of these side effects are quite common with the use of caffeine and may also be a result of one’s body becoming used to the supplement. If these effects persist, you should seek medical advice to make sure nothing more serious is the cause.
* Green tea can increase your heart rate and have other cardiovascular effects. Individuals with pre-existing heart conditions should avoid this product. It is also not advised to use this product if you are taking any kind of prescription medication as the combination may cause serious health complications.
* Green tea can decrease your body’s ability to absorb certain minerals. If you are planning to use this product make sure you are also getting enough minerals in your diet.
* There are some less common side effects such as headaches, itchy skin, dizziness and rashes. Again, you should stop taking the product if you experience any of these in case it is a sign of a more serious condition.
* Using this product and exercising may cause you to become dehydrated. Make sure that you drink plenty of water during this program.
* Consuming caffeine when taking this supplement may increase your chances of experiencing negative side effects so you should avoid drinking excessive amounts of coffee, tea, cola or other caffeinated beverages.
* Also be sure to drink plenty of water as you lose water every time you urinate.
* Take this supplement in the morning if you are planning on taking it before or after exercise as green tea may interfere with your sleep pattern.
* Follow the guidelines for how many servings you should consume each day. If you overdose, you run the risk of serious side effects which may even prove fatal.
* Eat a healthy and balanced diet when using this supplement and also make sure you are getting enough sleep and exercise.
* If you are diabetic, talk to your doctor before taking this product as the effects of the caffeine in green tea can interfere with diabetic medication. It is also not recommended for those with heart problems.
What else Should I know?
Always speak to your doctor or physician before taking any new supplement. Green tea is not a miracle supplement and it is not without risk. While most of its benefits are supported by scientific evidence, there are always those who will have negative reactions to the ingredients contained within it. Some people may experience allergic reactions so if you know you are sensitive to any of the ingredients listed then it is probably not wise to take this supplement.