Product Review: Pure Pharma Fish Oil Summary
Pure Pharma fish oil is a brand name of pharmaceutical company that sells products to treat various diseases such as high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, depression and many others. They have been around since the 1980’s. Their product contains several ingredients which are listed below:
1) Methylcobalamin (MBC): A form of methylated B12 that is used to prevent anemia.
2) Vitamin C (ascorbic acid): A natural antioxidant that helps protect cells from free radical damage.
3) Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA): Essential fats found in oily fish.
These essential fats have been shown to reduce inflammation and improve blood flow, promote brain health, and lower risk of developing certain types of cancer.
4) Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6): An amino acid that plays a role in energy production.
It is required for normal mental function and is involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine.
5) Folic Acid (vitamin B9): A water soluble vitamin that is necessary for proper nerve cell growth and functioning.
6) Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin): Another water soluble vitamin that is necessary for normal nerve cell functioning and the formation of blood.
7) Magnesium: A mineral that serves as a calcium blocker, preventing calcium from binding to places it shouldn’t.
It also helps neurons transmit signals and plays a role in muscle contraction.
8) Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5): A water soluble B vitamin that plays a role in the metabolism of fat, carbohydrates and protein.
It also plays a role in the production of steroid hormones and helps form red blood cells.
9) Niacin (vitamin B3): A water soluble vitamin that is used in the production of energy from food.
It is also used to metabolize fat and cholesterol.
10) Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride): See pyridoxine hydrochloride
These ingredients are combined to make the fish oil supplement that is safe and highly effective. However, if you feel that you don’t need all of these ingredients or you’re already getting enough from your diet, you can always opt for pure fish oil supplements or even krill oil supplements which are also great for various health reasons.
The price for this product is $22.
Sources & references used in this article:
Blends of pyrolysis oil, petroleum, and other bio-based fuels: A review by A Krutof, K Hawboldt – Renewable and Sustainable energy reviews, 2016 – Elsevier
Separation of constituents of fish oil using supercritical fluids: A review of experimental solubility, extraction, and chromatographic data by A Staby, J Mollerup – Fluid Phase Equilibria, 1993 – Elsevier
Cardiovascular disease and omega‐3s: Prescription products and fish oil dietary supplements are not the same by AS Gutstein, T Copple – Journal of the American Association of …, 2017 – Wiley Online Library
Feed intake and absorption of lipid oxidation products in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) fed diets coated with oxidised fish oil by K Hamre, K Kolås, K Sandnes, K Julshamn… – Fish Physiology and …, 2001 – Springer
Omega-3 fatty acid fish oil dietary supplements contain saturated fats and oxidized lipids that may interfere with their intended biological benefits by RP Mason, SCR Sherratt – Biochemical and biophysical research …, 2017 – Elsevier
Production of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid concentrates: A review by N Rubio-Rodríguez, S Beltrán, I Jaime, M Sara… – Innovative Food Science …, 2010 – Elsevier
Microencapsulation of fish oil by spray drying–impact on oxidative stability. Part 1 by W Kolanowski, M Ziolkowski, J Weißbrodt… – … Food Research and …, 2006 – Springer
Possibilities for the utilisation of marine by‐products by T Rustad, I Storrø, R Slizyte – International Journal of Food …, 2011 – Wiley Online Library
Nano-particle encapsulation of fish oil by spray drying by SM Jafari, E Assadpoor, B Bhandari, Y He – Food Research International, 2008 – Elsevier