Why I Believe in the Core Vales of the YMCA:
1) The Core Vales are a great place to learn about life and how it works.
They provide many opportunities for learning and development. You will get a chance to meet different people from all walks of life. You will have fun while doing so!
2) There is no better way to spend your time than with other like minded individuals.
3) The Core Vales of the YMCA provides a good environment for socializing and getting to know others.
4) The Core Vales of the YMCA is a place where you can develop yourself in various ways.
You can go there to work out or just relax. It’s up to you!
5) The Core Vales of the YMCA is a place where you can make new friends.
You can even have romantic relationships with them!
Core Values of the YMCA:
The Core Values of the YMCA are: Community, Excellence, Responsibility, Respect and Dignity. These core values are what makes this organization stand out from most others. The core values are what keep this organization running smoothly and ensure its continued success.
YMCA Mission Statement:
The YMCA’s mission statement is “to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.” This mission statement encompasses the goal of the entire organization. It expresses the overall purpose of everything that the YMCA does. It is their reason for being.
YMCA Core Values Activities:
There are many activities in which one can participate at a YMCA. Some example are:
1) There is a wide variety of athletic programs such as:
e) And many more!
What is your favorite YMCA core value? Why?
Please share your thoughts below.
Sources & references used in this article:
Baptized in the fire of revolution: the American social gospel and the YMCA in China, 1919-1937 by C Hsing, J Xing – 1996 – books.google.com
Ideographic Identity: A Rhetorical Analysis of the YMCA’s Organizational Identity Rhetoric. by CH Hopkins – 1951 – Association Press
Lessons Learned About Academics After School by KE Miller – Kaleidoscope: A Graduate Journal of Qualitative …, 2019 – search.ebscohost.com
Global nonprofit brands with local missions: The YMCA across three countries by E Schaps – Perspective, 2005 – collaborativeclassroom.org